Our global pagesClose
ChemicalsThe chemicals sector is facing challenging times. Disruption is being brought about by rapid growth in emerging markets and new players entering to service those markets; while those in established markets seek to leverage the benefits of automation through the adoption of Industry 4.0.
Whether you are a new entrant or an established organization, our dedicated Chemicals team has the skills and experience to help you realize your ambitions. Backed by an international network of sector-specific lawyers, we offer a full range of specialist services and advise on highly technical and specific areas such as REACH, biocides CLP (Classification, Labelling and Packaging), the Industrial Emissions Directive and global intellectual property acquisition and portfolio management and accompanying litigation.
Experienced chemicals lawyers
We have a deep understanding of the issues affecting you and can bring together the right team to meet your needs. Our recent experience includes advising:
- a global chemicals client on the sale of its agrochemicals business, involving the sale of business units in 36 jurisdictions and a contract/asset portfolio covering over 120 countries
- an international chemicals group in relation to a crude oil supply contract for their petro chemical business opposite a U.S. oil, minimizing our client’s exposure by identifying risks particular to maritime transportation
- a major client on an extensive REACH and biocides compliance audit
- two of the largest global chemical companies in patent procurement and freedom-to-operate issues surrounding their developing technologies
- a global manufacturing company with respect to patent challenges in post-grant review proceedings before the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office
Contact our chemicals team
If you would like any further information or need advice on chemicals law, please contact our legal team.
- Rechtsanwalt, Attorney-at-Law (New York), Bankkaufmann
- +49 89 545 65 318
- E-mail Dr. Alexander Niethammer, LL.M. (UConn)