Our global pagesClose
Manufacturing and industrial engineering
Our industrial engineering experience spans local small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) to global leaders in engineering and technology. Regardless of size, from cloud technologies, the Internet of Things (IoT) and the use of Big Data, to the development of artificial intelligence and virtual reality, we understand that digitization is having a profound impact on industrial engineering companies. Along with exciting opportunities, digitization presents challenges such as the use and exploitation of data, liability issues and cybersecurity.
Our Industrial Engineering legal team understand that regulation and compliance is also firmly on your agenda, with more frequent and larger fines being handed down by regulators. The resultant reputational harm to businesses is now such that it features on all corporations’ risk registers. Supply chain transparency is at the fore, an example being the Modern Slavery Act requirements.
Experienced industrial engineering lawyers
Our legal advisers’ breadth of industrial engineering experience, coupled with our geographical spread and multi-jurisdictional capability, means we can support you through the opportunities and challenges of an evolving market place, and supply innovative, up-to-date and relevant legal advice. We can support your business wherever in the world you or your products may be.
Our recent experience includes:
- advising a company on its ‘smart’ factory, covering automated picking and packing
- advising a U.S.-based global leader in high performance fiber lasers on the acquisition of a UK-based manufacturer of complementary laser technology
- assisting industrial clients with the implications of complying with the Modern Slavery Act, including the practicalities of interrogating the supply chain
- drafting agreements for the supply of materials for a drone and subsequent agreements covering its exploitation and marketing
- conducting reviews for leading engineering firms to test and evaluate the robustness of their safety management systems
Contact our industrial engineering team
If you would like any further information or need advice on industrial engineering, please contact our legal team.
- Rechtsanwalt, Attorney-at-Law (New York), Bankkaufmann
- +49 89 54565 318
- E-mail Dr. Alexander Niethammer, LL.M. (UConn)