Our global pagesClose
Financial institutions benefit from the client-driven commercial advice offered by our sector-focused multi-disciplinary team. Our legal and regulatory lawyers work hand-in-hand with our business process consultants to bring you world-class solutions.
Our team includes advisers, former regulators and alumni of leading industry organizations who have significant front-line experience across a range of financial services business models. We can help you seize opportunities in the midst of global shifts in markets and regulation.
Experienced financial institutions lawyers
Our global Financial Institutions teams have more than 400 legal and regulatory advisers and consultants working across asset management and funds, banking, FinTech, insurance, private equity, pensions and real estate investment.
We have advised major financial institutions on:
- a global outsourcing project covering over 20 jurisdictions
- a global trade finance documentation and training program
- disputes arising out of investment and retail banking arms
- property portfolio management
- lending activities including corporate lending, acquisition finance, real estate finance and project finance
- retail and wholesale regulatory advice
- a dispute in connection with the design and construction of a head office
- the restructuring of loans across a number of asset classes
- detailed risk analysis of the private banking arm’s existing loan book
- the defense of a major whistleblowing claim across five jurisdictions
- an FX trading platform arrangement involving a syndicate of international banks providing FX rates via the platform
- the procurement of new customer digital origination and new digital lending platform
- pan-European regulation including MiFID and AIFMD
- a global cloud services arrangement for an online client relationship management system
- a funds automation deal where the vendor developed software to enable it to automatically feed information to our client’s data center
- the development of a tablet banking application on Android and iOS
- payment services regulatory projects for leading banks and payment services providers
- passporting rights for firms to conduct business in the EEA
- cutting-edge lifetime income products for retirement plan participants
- the creation of two bespoke funds of hedge funds to deploy $600 million of capital opportunistically in credit strategies
- secondary transactions to acquire hedge fund and private equity portfolios
Contact our Financial Institutions team
If you would like any further information or need advice regarding financial institutions, contact our legal team.