Our global pagesClose
Eversheds Sutherland’s independent hospitals group is an award-winning, multi-disciplinary legal team. We won the UK HealthInvestor Private Sector Legal Adviser of the Year in 2016 and 2014 and the Laing & Buisson Independent Healthcare Awards Legal Adviser of the Year in 2013. Whatever your needs, we are on hand to help you achieve your goals.
Understanding independent hospitals
The current economic and regulatory climate offers significant opportunities for providers in the independent hospital sector while posing other challenges. These range from the outsourcing of public services and fluctuating pricing to the impact of the private medical insurance market.
Experienced independent hospital industry lawyers
Our services include:
- mergers and acquisitions, disposals, restructuring and equity and debt raising
- employment law issues, agency worker regulations, immigration and Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) Regulations 2006) issues with public-sector contracts
- commercial contracts, procurement and competition
- regulatory and criminal investigations by public regulators and police authorities
- real estate acquisitions, developments and disposals
- reputation management and media relations
We work for major private healthcare providers in the UK and overseas. Our recent experience includes:
- advising on matters associated with the UK Care Quality Commission, such as registration and challenging draft warning notices
- providing strategic advice in connection with the recent UK Competition & Markets Authority investigation into the private hospitals market
- advising a major private hospital group on all aspects of its real estate portfolio
- advising on contractual arrangements with consultants
Contact our independent hospitals team
If you would like any further information or need advice on independent hospital matters, please contact our legal team.