Our global pagesClose
Senior living and social care
Eversheds Sutherland’s Senior Living and Social Care practices comprise a multi-disciplinary team of lawyers that work together seamlessly. Our aim is to respond to your needs, wherever your business operates.
Understanding senior living and social care
The current economic and regulatory climates represent significant opportunities and challenges for providers in the senior living and social care sector. One of the most significant is the cost of providing high-quality care for an aging population while public finances are under increasing pressure. In some jurisdictions, public scrutiny of the sector is also increasing, following recent high-profile investigations and media reports.
Experienced senior living and social care lawyers
Eversheds Sutherland’s Senior Living and Social Care team has extensive experience of the issues faced by companies operating in this sector, including providers and developers. Our combination of in-depth industry and legal knowledge allows our lawyers to deal comprehensively with the issues that you face on a domestic and international level.
Our specialist services include:
- funding, acquisition, development and the sale of land and properties
- mergers and acquisitions, disposals, restructuring, equity and debt raising and property company structures
- contractual issues with public authorities
- reputation management and how to deal with issues arising from media scrutiny
- employment law issues, including agency worker regulations, immigration, disclosure and barring and whistleblowing investigations
- advising on the regulatory environment, for example UK organizations including the Care Quality Commission and OFSTED
- criminal and health and safety legislation
- commercial contracts, procurement and competition
Eversheds Sutherland works for some of the most influential players in the senior living and social care market. Our recent experience includes:
- advising Four Seasons Healthcare on the acquisition of seven care homes from Majesticare and the acquisition of Optimum Care
- advising a care home company in connection with the sale of a portfolio of homes to a U.S. real estate investment trust and arrangement to lease back the properties on a loan-to-own basis
- advising a U.S.-based operator of senior living communities on a full-service basis in the UK. Our lawyers provided counsel on a range of high-value matters, including land acquisition, planning, construction, bank financing, regulatory, environmental and employment. We also offered legal support in a number of other operational areas
- advising a number of care homes in the challenge of rate/funding proposals/contract renegotiations with local authorities
- advising a home care provider on the successful challenge of a re-tender process run by a local authority for domiciliary care
Contact our senior living and social care team
If you would like any further information or need advice on senior living and social care matters, please contact our legal team.