Our global pagesClose
Eversheds Sutherland represents some of the world’s most successful media companies, entertainment businesses and artists. We can provide you with a full range of legal services, including advice on the creation and exploitation of music, television, film and online content. We also have an experienced Reputation Management law group, which will use a variety of effective legal tools to protect your public image, should it ever be threatened.
Experienced media law team
Our client list ranges from world-famous names to those who are shaping the future of the industry. You will often see the entertainment law cases we work on in the news — Apple Corps suing Apple Computer, disputes over the Jimi Hendrix Estate or Elton John's new contract to play in Las Vegas, for example.
Much of our media law practice, however, does not make headlines. This applies particularly to reputation management. As we all know, good reputations take time and investment to acquire, but can be lost in an instant. Our lawyers know how to intervene to prevent the publication of material that could damage your carefully maintained public image. If the worst should happen, we can also advise you on how best to respond.
Our full range of experience in media and entertainment law includes:
- structuring and managing large projects, including live shows and joint ventures
- copyright, performers’ rights, royalties, contractual and management disputes
- due diligence and copyright ownership advice
- advice on television writer, production, options and screenplay agreements
- advice on film screenplay, synchronization, distribution and soundtrack agreements
- advice on and complaints under media industry codes, including Ofcom, the Advertising Standards Authority and the Press Complaints Commission
- defamation advice and litigation for claimants and defendants
- privacy and confidential information advice and litigation
- brand reputation advice, including comparative advertising and regulatory issues
Contact our media law team
If you would like any further information or need advice on matters of media and entertainment law, please contact our legal team.