Our global pagesClose
Eversheds Sutherland global ports advice
We offer up-to-date legal advice on port facility acquisition, finance, environmental regulatory, development and operation. We frequently provide our clients with cross-disciplinary services, for example due diligence on the acquisition of companies which own port facilities and give related employment, or pensions advice relating to employees in the sector. We also advise on public procurement.
Experienced legal advice on portsOur experienced global Ports legal teams can offer you advice on support on a wide range of matters, including:
- port infrastructure projects, redevelopment, construction projects, distribution centres and related transport infrastructure
- international projects, construction and PPP/PFI
- acting for port authorities in obtaining the necessary statutory consents to authorise the construction of port and bridge infrastructure projects
- advising port authorities on their statutory powers and constitutional matters
- maritime port operations – with knowledge of the various industry sectors, pilotage, port services, marine legislation, regulatory and insurance
- real estate aspects including land management, development, planning, sale and purchase, letting and planning, including public enquiries
- commercial contracts for port operation, services, public procurement, outsourcing and commercial risk analysis
- environmental law and sustainability aspects
- corporate aspects of companies operating in ports, including due diligence
- employment and pensions, especially relating to port workers and stevedores
Contact our ports team
If you would like any further information or need advice on ports, then please do not hesitate to contact our legal team.