Our global pagesClose
In recent years, the law and practice surrounding mining and mineral exploration has become increasingly complex. Mining projects require strengths in a host of legal disciplines, including project development, finance, regulatory, compliance, health and safety and litigation. Fortunately, Eversheds Sutherland’s mining practices are here to help you achieve your goals.
How we can help
Eversheds Sutherland assists in all aspects of mining operations. We are highly experienced in the interpretation and application of legislation relating to mineral exploration and mining and are able to adapt quickly to an ever-changing international business landscape.
Our mining practices comprise specialist lawyers based across our international network of offices and work on major mining transactions and projects in Europe, Africa, the Middle East and Asia. They are involved in the mining sector from the exploration stage through the life of a project, including development, funding, operation and exit by sale or IPO. Thanks to our in-depth knowledge and experience of the legal and operational challenges faced by mining operators, we are able to support our clients with advice on all relevant legal aspects.
Our capabilities include:
- due diligence
- investment protection strategy
- joint ventures – consortium formation
- preparation and review of project documentation, including contractual strategy, selection of the contractual matrix and forms of contract acceptable to funders
- negotiations and discussions with stakeholders
- multilateral and export credit agency issues.
- dispute management and resolution, including via litigation and arbitration
- mergers and acquisitions
- IPOs and other equity fund raising
- documentation for the admission of companies on financial markets
- funding and project finance (bilateral and syndicated)
We advise international financial institutions, governments and other public sector bodies, quoted companies and private clients and have represented such organizations as Anglo-American, De Beers, Motogold Mines, Minorco and BHP-Billiton.
Contact our mining team
If you would like any further information or need advice on mining matters, please contact our legal team.