Our global pagesClose
Eversheds Sutherland’s Public Finance practices have represented hundreds of clients worldwide, seeking up to $1 billion in public bond financing, public finance transactions and public private partnerships (PPP). We rely on the extensive experience of our Debt and Equity Finance, Derivatives, Broker-Dealer, Construction and Energy practices to assist in the nuances of each deal. Whatever your public finance law needs, we are here to help you.
Experienced public finance lawyers
Eversheds Sutherland represents issuers, public entities, underwriters, banks and investors. Our public offering and direct purchase representation encompasses many industry sectors including general obligations, water and sewer, airports, recreation, medical centers, universities, cultural facilities, electric generation facilities, industrial developments and a broad range of other social infrastructure. We advise on all aspects of structuring, procurement, documenting, negotiating, and closing public finance transactions. We also advise on restructuring and dispute resolution. Our experienced lawyers have in-depth knowledge of relevant central and local government considerations in the delivery of public finance transactions.
Our work experience includes:
- providing counsel on innovative PPPs worldwide including approximately 250 in Europe alone. Currently, we are working on significant infrastructure projects in Europe, the United States, the Middle East, Africa, India, China and south-east Asia.
- assisting in tax-exempt securitization of more than 100 US local government loans.
- overseeing the public financing of professional arenas for Major League Baseball, National Football League and Major League Soccer (US) teams
- raising more than $3 billion for non-profit healthcare systems
- providing finance advice to one of the world’s busiest airports
- handling the legal aspects of an electric utility client’s bond portfolio, which includes tax-exempt pollution control and solid-waste-disposal facility bonds and taxable bonds for property tax advantage purposes.
- advising underwriters in financings for electric cooperatives
- managing the tax-exempt bond and tax incentive needs of corporate and real estate clients and acting as company counsel to represent their interests in these transactions
- advising corporate and real estate clients in acquiring and disposing of assets financed with tax-exempt and taxable incentive structures
- advising on transactions that have led to the creation of standard-form documents for particular infrastructure sectors
Eversheds Sutherland can help on all types of public infrastructure transactions, wherever they happen to be, in the most efficient and beneficial way for your organization.
Contact our Public Finance team
If you would like any further information or need advice on public finance matters, please contact our legal team.