Our global pagesClose
With dedicated teams of trade finance lawyers globally, we provide advice to banks, financial institutions, traders, brokers, ship owners, insurers, producers and industrial end-users on all aspects of the financing of trade in hard and soft commodities. Many of our lawyers have experience working in-house, and our involvement in all aspects of the physical and financial supply chain means we are well placed to provide guidance on the issues you face.
Experienced trade finance lawyers
Our trade finance lawyers have assisted more than 30 international and local banks in preparing their trade finance documentation, and advising banks and traders on structured trade finance deals. We can provide you with guidance that is commercially smart and attuned to your market, as well as being legally correct.
Areas we cover include:
- documentary credits and supply chain programs
- import and export finance
- hedging and derivatives for commodities financing
- Islamic trade finance
- litigation and international arbitration on trade finance disputes
- structured trade finance
- receivables finance and asset-based lending
An experienced trade finance legal team
Examples of our recent work includes advising:
- Banco Santander on a without recourse accounts receivables purchase transaction with a leading global telecom operator: the deal won the GTR Deal of the Year Award
- HSBC on a structured trade prepayment facility to a global electronics company, through red-clause documentary credits issued in favor of overseas suppliers
- over 30 banks and financial institutions on developing their trade finance and/or receivables purchase documentation and supply chain programs
- a leading investment bank in large scale bond-financed prepaid natural gas transactions, structuring and documenting long-term natural gas supply agreements, price swaps and related arrangements for several prepaid transactions
Contact our trade finance team
If you would like any further information or need advice on trade finance law, please contact our legal team.