Our global pagesClose
Eversheds Sutherland’s tax-exempt organizations practices deliver individually focused and effective advice to help you achieve your objectives. Whether you are representing a government, sovereign wealth fund, regional and local authority, hospital, university, trade association or other non-profit entities, our lawyers are here to help.
Experienced tax-exempt organization lawyers
We pride ourselves on providing counsel and representation to a wide range of tax-exempt organizations and their supporters. Our lawyers have extensive experience in tax law compliance and controversies, corporate law, financing, intellectual property, employee contracts, compensation and benefits, organizational fiduciary responsibilities, construction or leasing of facilities, political campaigns and corporate governance.
Our experience in tax-exempt organizations includes:
- negotiation of agreements among multiple tax-exempt organizations or between tax-exempt organizations and business entities
- design, formation, organization and qualification of new tax-exempt organizations such as hospitals, clinics, medical and scientific research organizations
- reorganization of tax-exempt organizations, particularly academic medical centers, hospital systems and private foundations
- development of grant-making policies, procedures, agreements and other documentation including the taxation implications of grants and funding arrangements
- representation of clients in Internal Revenue Service (IRS) controversies including audits, administrative appeals, revocation proceedings and litigation
Contact our tax-exempt organizations team
If you would like any further information or need advice on tax-exempt organizations, please contact our legal team.