Our global pagesClose
Trusts & estates
Eversheds Sutherland’s trusts and estates group have a wide range of experience in all aspects of estate planning and the administration of trusts and estates, from drafting wills to representing fiduciaries and beneficiaries in non-tax disputes. Whatever your needs and wherever you operate, we are on hand to advise you.
Experienced trusts and estates lawyers
Our lawyers have extensive experience in in lifetime tax and business planning for individuals, post-mortem tax planning and estate and trust administration. We also offer more than just properly drafted wills and trust agreements. At Eversheds Sutherland, we pride ourselves on our wide range of experience in income tax and business planning for owners of closely held businesses, transfer tax minimization, international taxation and estate planning. In addition, we work closely with you to develop and implement lifetime gift programs, insurance programs and charitable giving programs appropriate to your desires, needs and resources. Our team also works closely with private family offices and their professional advisers on multigenerational estate planning.
We provide advice and counsel in areas including:
- estate planning including the drafting of wills, trusts and related documents
- Business and succession planning for owners of closely held businesses including those involved in S corporations and partnerships
- International planning for non-resident aliens with extensive U.S. business interests
- Estate administration for estates of all sizes and in all jurisdictions. Additionally, our lawyers advise fiduciaries on business issues affecting estates and trusts, including the restructuring of business interests
- Controversies involving individuals and estates in disputes before the Internal Revenue Service concerning income, gift, estate and generation-skipping transfer tax matters. We have also represented individuals and estates in fiduciary and tax litigation
Contact our trusts and estates team
If you would like any further information or need advice on trusts and estates tax law, please contact our legal team.