Our global pagesClose
Legal and regulatory advice for the financial institutions sector
Connected globally, committed locally
As one of the world’s leading international law firms, we offer both local support and global connections. The financial institutions sector is a key focus for Eversheds; we have over 400 specialists across banking, asset management, insurance, private equity, pensions and real estate investment.
We have a special focus on innovation in financial services. Our dedicated Digital Financial Services group draws together relevant experts from across our practice areas, including from our market-leading IT, data privacy, consumer law and FinTech groups, to provide a seamless service on digital projects.
Financial institutions clients benefit from our unique multidisciplinary team. Our legal and regulatory advisers work with consultants from the Eversheds Consulting division to deliver traditional legal advice combined with business process consultancy. The team includes advisers who joined Eversheds having held previous roles at UK regulators and other industry bodies and who have significant front line experience across a range of business models.
Follow us on Twitter: @EvershedsFI
Key areas of focus include:
Asset management and funds
We have one of the largest teams focusing on fund management and financial services regulation. We advise investment managers, life insurers, pension providers, distributors, custodians, depositaries, wealth managers, private banks, and intermediaries on:
- product creation
- ancillary services
- regulations (including tax) under which they operate and distribute their products and services.
With lawyers located in Asia, the Middle East, Europe and Africa, we offer banks operating across global markets an integrated international service with the benefit of local expertise and understanding. Our international team consists of experts from across the legal spectrum, including:
- fraud and financial crime
- commercial and financial services dispute resolution and investigations
- product development and marketing
- property management
- regulation and compliance.
Retail and business financial services
Our international retail finance team regularly advises:
- retail banking arms of major global banks
- major UK retail banks
- payment service providers
- asset finance providers
- consumer credit providers
- alternative capital providers
- challenger banks.
We are one of a small number of firms which have been appointed to the UK FCA and PRA’s Skilled Person panel.
Our award-winning insurance group advises, assists and supports firms across the entire insurance sector in relation to the full spectrum of disputes, transactions, regulatory and compliance issues, including:
- product design, distribution and outsourcing
- regulatory change and prudential regulation
- past business reviews
- governance and risk frameworks
- senior management responsibilities
- corporate and M&A.
- February Investment Management Update
- EMIR Update on Variation Margin
- Insurance Distribution Directive: Publication of Technical Advice and draft Implementing Technical Standards
- Eversheds Italy advises UniCredit and syndicate of banks on financing of sale of Fifth Avenue hotel
- Eversheds Bianchini welcomes Marco Franzini as new banking and private equity partner
- Eversheds opens seventh Middle East office in Kurdistan Region
- Eversheds advises UK Asset Resolution on £400m loans sale