Our global pagesClose
Antitrust and EU Law, Estonia
The main areas of our expertise include:
- control of mergers and acquisitions, filings to the antitrust authorities, antitrust litigation and regulatory investigations;
- fair trade, distribution and pricing, promotion and advertising, protection against unfair competition, protection of branded products, etc;
- representation in local authorities and courts;
- abuse of dominant position;
- prohibited agreements;
- state aid;
- consultation on the legality of compatibility of national rules with EU law;
- drafting of procedural documents;
- requests for the preliminary ruling;
- representation of claims before national and European courts.
A selection of work performed:
- Advising Enterprise Estonia in the field of state aid and evaluated the compliance of the majority of its aid measures to the EU state aid rules.
- Advising successfully G4S in a complicated competition case in the Estonian Competition Authority related to alleged abuse of dominant position in the cash-in-transit market.
- Defended successfully several clients in one of Estonia's largest cartel investigation (the dairy cartel). Three persons out of seven, suspected of criminal anti-competitive activities, were defended by Eversheds Ots & Co lawyers and all charges against them were dropped.
- Represented AS Eesti Keskkonnateenused in a landmark case in administrative dispute where a third person unsuccessfully attempted to dispute a merger clearance decision.
- In 2015 first quarter we have drafted for the Estonian Competition Authority 4 notifications on concentration, while in 2014 we drafted 3 and in 2013 drafted 6 notifications on concentration. All these mergers have been cleared.