Our global pagesClose
Dispute Resolution, Estonia
The main areas of our expertise include:
- identification and assistance in the prevention of major risks of liability (both civil and criminal);
- assistance in negotiations, mediation or other alternative dispute resolution procedures;
- case management plans to define a course of action and manage litigation costs;
- advice on the appropriate dispute resolution forum and choice of international conventions applicable in different jurisdictions;
- representation of clients in courts or before arbitral tribunals;
- representation in bankruptcy and restructuring proceedings;
- representation in administrative proceedings;
- advice on evidence;
- assistance in recovery proceedings.
A selection of work performed:
- Advising the Road Administration in the dispute concerning the Pärnu bypass.
- Successful representation of the Ministry of Defence in matters concerning rental contracts.
- Representing Veolia Keskkonnateenused AS in a dispute concerning a public procurement.
- Representing a client in a court case, which resulted in declaring certain provisions of the Public Service Act, allowing to terminate the service relationship with an official upon reaching the age of 65, unconstitutional and invalid.
- Representing the owner of a shopping centre in Tallinn in the largest in Estonia dispute concerning insurance law.
We represented the owner of the commercial building in a dispute concerning cancellation of a lease contract.