Our global pagesClose
Competition, EU and regulatory
Eversheds Romania assists clients in a wide range of industries on antitrust and other competition law matters. The firm's lawyers rely on comprehensive regulatory and practical business experience in assisting companies with the complex issues they face in their relationships with suppliers, customers and competitors. We advise on MandA filings, investigations, pricing issues, exclusive arrangements, licensing, joint ventures, territorial restrictions, suggested resale prices, minimum advertised pricing programs, volume and functional price discounts, rebates and promotional allowances and other significant competition law issues.
We have been privileged to handle some of the most complex merger clearance and antitrust matters and are in constant direct contact with the local competition authority. Practice leader Mihai Guia has extensive experience in the competition area, having been involved in EU and local merger filings and EU and Romanian cartel and other investigations. Mihai has drafted the Romanian chapter of the "Howrey Worldwide Merger Filing Handbook" and is author of ICN's (International Competition Network) "ICN Merger filing template" for Romania.
Below is a selective list of significant previous work by our lawyers in the Competition and Antitrust area:
- Advising a large number of companies in a diversity of industries (such as pharmaceuticals, postal services, retail, telecoms) in competition investigations opened by the Competition Council;
- Merger filing for the acquisition by one of the largest telecoms operations in Romania of Telemobil (a very complex transaction representing the combination of the third and fourth largest mobile network operators in Romania, with significant implications on the telecommunications market); Romanian merger filing of the 4.4 billion EUR acquisition of the worldwide leader in the computerized reservation industry;
- Advising the Romanian regulator on implementation of secondary legislation in the competition field under an EU-funded pre-accession technical cooperation program;
- Merger filing for the acquisition of the largest travel agency in Romania by one of the leading private equity investment groups in Southern Europe;
- Advising international clients in connection with the competition law review of their franchising documentation, including an Sweden based furniture retailer, a US based leading distributor of bedding and upholstery materials, a UK based retailer, a British chain of toys retailers etc.;
- Merger clearance of the acquisition by one of the largest distribution and logistics companies of control over three local companies acting on the coffee and snacks vending segment of the market;
- Merger filing of the acquisition of a Polish telecoms operator by a vehicle of a leading private equity investment groups in Southern Europe;
- Competition compliance assessments and audits for a number of clients - full review of their activities with relevance under Competition Law;
- Competition compliance toolkit - we have created a comprehensive competition toolkit which responds to internal needs of our clients in connection with competition law compliance matters.
- This product is customized for each client in order to properly address all specificities of the relevant industry.
For more information regarding our expertise in Antitrust and Competition, please contact Mihai Guia, our Antitrust and Competition practice coordinator.