Our global pagesClose
Energy and natural resources, Belgium
The business world cannot afford to ignore issues related to energy and natural resources. It is important to deal with these issues in a pro-active way and with a long term vision in mind. The rising cost of energy and natural resources has a huge impact on daily business.
Finding the right business solution for the supply and trading of energy and natural resources becomes more and more important.
Our lawyers have extensive experience in dealing with these issues. We make sure we get to know our clients business in order to provide them with made to measure solutions.
Whether you are a local or international company dealing with a complex issue related to energy use or management, or an energy supplier coping with a problem in relation to (traditional or renewable) energy production, transmission or distribution, we will find the right way to manage it.
- Energy supply contracts
- Energy performance
- Energy construction
- Emission reduction and trading
- Liberalisation of the energy market
- Renewable energy (solar, wind, biomass, etc.).
Examples of work
- Assisting various companies in negotiating and redrafting of energy supply contracts.
- Advising a major international energy supplier on the acquisition of a land lease to set up an energy plant.
- Assisting a leading European provider of photovoltaic solar panels in setting up its contractual documentation for the Belgian market.
- Assisting a leading UK REIT in the granting of a building right to an energy supplier for the construction of a windmill and the negotiation of an energy supply contract.