Our global pagesClose
Legal services for the education sector
Eversheds is the largest provider of legal services to the higher education (HE) and further education (FE) sector and with its ‘vast spread of resources, deep experience and terrific reputation’, it is highly regarded across the country.”
Chambers and Partners
The Eversheds Sutherland education practice is widely acknowledged to be market leading. With our unrivalled experience and sector engagement, we can offer an informed service and anticipate the needs of the sector.
The Eversheds’ Education Team have
once again been ranked in Band 1 in both the
Chambers and Partners and Legal 500 Legal Directories.
The Team are winners of the
Education Investor Law Firm of the Year 2014/15
and the Legal 500 Public Sector Law Firm of the Year 2013/14 award.
How we can help institutions achieve their objectives
The education sector, whether this be higher education, further education, schools or academies, is dealing with more changes than ever before, with new financial pressures and government legislation, as well as increasing internal pressure.
In order to deal with these issues, you need legal advisers who fully understand your sector and the unique challenges you face. Our ability to draw upon our education experts in all product areas, such as human resources, estates, corporate and commercial, international, charity and litigation means that we can offer you an expert service on any of the issues you are facing.
Like you, we are dedicated to the education sector. We regularly advise and work with institutions and organisations in the sector, speak at events and add our voice to current debates.
How we add value through innovation
The education sector is full of people with bright ideas. Our team is the same. We keep up with sector developments and design products and services meet and anticipate the needs of the sector.
Fully cognisant of the latest issues you face, we also look at what will happen in the future. We will give you advanced warning about what you need to be doing to tackle the challenges ahead. We are a law firm that is always thinking about your interests.
We act for education institutions throughout the UK and internationally. This provides an invaluable understanding of the sector and improves efficiency and service delivery. The following are some examples of key projects and cases that we have handled for education institutions recently:
- Eversheds Sutherland advises on first further education college established in over two decades.
- Eversheds Sutherland advises on Heart of Worcestershire College merger.
- Eversheds Sutherland advises Bangor University on multi million pound University Accommodation PPP.
- Eversheds Sutherland advises MRC on University Unit Strategic Partnerships.
- Eversheds Sutherland advises UK consortium on Saudi women’s education deal.
What others say about us
Eversheds Sutherland Education practice is established and respected across the sector. Below are quotes from the legal directories regarding the team.
What clients say about us
We have our performance checked by an independent organisation. Acquigen contacts clients directly to obtain feedback on the Eversheds Sutherland service. Our education sector clients gave us the follow scores for the year ending August 2014:
Demonstrated appropriate and relevant expertise - 100% of clients were very or extremely satisfied
- Education Immigration e-briefing: The Immigration Skills Charge - 6 April 2017
- Education HR e-briefing 675 - The Trade Secrets Directive
- Education e-briefing Government Consultation - “Building Our Industrial Strategy”
- Education HR e-briefing 675 - Government issues guidance on the Important Public Services Regulations 2017
- Education Immigration e-briefing - UK Immigration E-briefing: New rules on studying whilst on long-term visitor visas