Our global pagesClose
+44 207 919 4515
- Banking and finance
- Energy and natural resources
- International trade
- Project and infrastructure finance
Howard specialises in project and structured trade finance. He acts for borrowers and banks. He has advised on the financing of projects in many countries, including in Africa, Bangladesh, India, Azerbaijan, Lithuania, Russia, UK, Spain, France and U.S.A. On the project finance side his experience includes mine development finance, power projects, renewables, biofuels, public-private partnerships, petrochemical plants and various process plants and transport infrastructure. He has also advised on various trade financing structures, in particular in South America and the CIS. From 2007 to 2010 Howard was based in Paris.
Examples of recent experience include:
- advising the sponsors on a €200m+ biofuels and power project in Sierra Leone and related project financing. This project was awarded Africa Renewables Deal of the Year 2011 by different publications
- advising a German bank group and its subsidiaries on the English law aspects of its multi-billion dollar asset transfer to a state funded vehicle company
- advising an international bank on a series of South American structured trade finance transactions
He has contributed to and edited "Public Private Partnerships BOT Techniques and Project finance" and "The guide to financing build-operate-transfer projects" (Euromoney Books) and written articles, on the use of direct agreements in project finance for French publications "Banque et Stratégie" and "Banque et Droit", among others.
Howard has been a regular speaker on various aspects of project finance, structured trade finance and banking. He is ranked by various directories for project finance, mine financing and banking.
|Nigeria approves renewable energy regulations||19/11/2015|
|Uganda: NWSC invites tenders for a waste-to-energy PPP in Kampala||14/08/2015|
|Electrifying Africa – the hunt for the off-grid solution||16/06/2015|