Our global pagesClose
+97 44 49 67 38 6
English, Arabic and French
- Energy and natural resources
- Mergers and acquisitions
Dani is the Managing Partner of our Doha office and specialises in corporate law.
Before joining the firm, Dani was a Senior Counsel with Simmons & Simmons in Doha (2007-2012). He previously worked for Qatar Petroleum's Legal Department in the Projects section for seven years (2000 2007) and before that acted as Manager of the Legal Department of Doha Bank and has fifteen years of Doha based experience and knowledge. Dani has extensive experience working with government bodies and companies on a wide range of commercial and corporate matters including joint ventures and mergers and acquisitions. Dani also has extensive experience advising construction and oil and gas companies on project related agreements and has assisted numerous joint venture companies in their negotiations with both the public and private sector.
Dani acted as secretary to the board of directors of Oryx GTL (a Qatar Petroleum and Sasol joint venture), Gulf Drilling International (a Qatar Petroleum and Japan Drilling Company joint venture), Starlink (a Qatar Telecom affiliate) and Qatar First Investment Bank.
Previous experience includes advising:
- Barwa Bank - on its simultaneous acquisition of The First Investor (regulated by the Qatar Central Bank), First Finance Company (listed on the Qatar Exchange) and First Leasing Company.
- Qatar Petroleum - on its joint venture with ExxonMobil for the Qatargas II LNG Project in relation to the financing and construction of two LNG trains, the acquisition of tankers to transport LNG from Qatar to the UK and the construction of an LNG receiving terminal in the UK. At US$11.2bn; this is one of the largest energy project financing and the first with an Islamic tranche.
- The Government of the State of Qatar - on the acquisition of a listed company on the Qatar Exchange.
- Qatar Investment Authority - on its USD 1 billion joint venture with NYSE Euronext in relation to Qatar Exchange.
|Global employment briefing: Qatar, February 2017||01/02/2017|
|Project Financing in Qatar: A case of evolution||26/05/2016|
|Media Law International - Challenges in the Media Content Industry||12/04/2016|